We are closing in on the final days of upgrades, cleanup and making our home completely move-in ready.
To recap, as of December 22nd 2018, we have upgraded:
- The roof, with a new high-tech cool roof. We have already noticed an improvement in reduced heat transfer into the attic as a result of replacing the roof with the cool roof.
- The french doors. All of the french doors, six in total, have been replaced with energy efficient ThermaTru doors. These doors are just awesome. The glass is incredibly clear and the seals prevent any drafts.
- The kitchen door and guest bathroom outside door. These two doors have also been replaced with ThermaTru doors. Having replaced all of the doors can be felt in the very stable air inside the home and experienced in the reduced energy footprint.
- The central air conditioner. We replaced the central air conditioner in the summer with a new, highly efficient 5 ton made by Carrier (an OEM name but manufactured by the company). In doing so we also upgraded from the older refrigerant, replacing the coils and cleaning out the ducting.
- Complete repaint outside. We have had the house completely repainted outside with many little touch ups all round. As a result, the house looks and feels like it was built yesterday !
- Floor refinishing. The home has a hand scraped hardwood floor. To look its best, and protect it from damage, we had the floor refinished. It looks incredible !
- Many other smaller improvements and upgrades throughout the house and property.
We are now just taking new photos and will be placing them here on the web site, along with a description of each room, and then listing on For Sale By Owner the first week of January.
This is a beautiful home, we think you will agree. Country living in close proximity to downtown Los Angeles without the Beverly Hills price tag !